Are You Caring for Yourself?
I got asked recently by a mentor, “What self-care do you do?”
That stumped me for a moment, though then it opened a new door for me. The door of self-care opened.
She asked me to write 10 things that I do for self-care and I wrote 15. My list has expanded from then. Now I am always looking to expand my list and it has helped me to become more self-conscious about look after myself and what works for me.
I am always open to more suggestions, so feel free to share, comment and let the list grow and be shared with others. There may be some good suggestions for you too.
So here it is, some of my self-care tips or rituals
- Meditate, either mantra if I feel I want more focus in my life, a colour wash for healing or just cleaning out the black.
- Do a guided meditation, either mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dVPTRNFQ6A or another. I like Bob Proctor’s Abundance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX-VPzRxoQM&t=501s
- Take a nice hot soak in the bath, with Epson salts, candles and oils.
- Reading – usually something inspiring
- Listening to some Abraham-Hicks, always relevant and up lifting.
- Walking down the beach, in any weather. The action and sea breeze will flush out any cobwebs
- Do 15 minutes of Yoga, just stretch, breathe and release
- Sing a song. Sing along to something you like on You Tube with the lyrics
- Go bush walking
- Get creative, draw, paint, knit or write a poem
- Meet with a good positive friend and have a cuppa and a chat
- Walk the dogs around the block
- Go for a run, exercise is a great way to clear the channels
- Go have a nap and press the fresh button
- Go and do some gardening and ground yourself
- Go and pat an animal, they have such connected and healing energy
- Walk barefoot in the sand or mud
- Light some candles or incense with an intent for the positive things that you want in your life
- Eat healthy life giving food. Put your hand on the food and ask yourself will this serve my highest good, if yes then eat it, if no, do not.
- Change your attitude and give yourself a new statement like “I bring more pleasure into my life”
- Have a spiritual cleanse, see all the black leaving your body and replace it with light
- Create a vision board of what you want
- Lie on the earth with your legs up a tree, for at least 10 minutes
- Listen to some positive and inspiring music
- Write in your journal all the thoughts in your head, just keep writing it out
- Do a chakra balancing exercise or mediation
- Pick or buy yourself some flowers
- Drink lots of fresh clear and clean water
- Make a cup of relaxing, toning and healing herb tea
- Surrender to whatever you need to surrender to in the shower and see it all wash away.
- Go to bed at 9.30 pm and get up earlier to give gratitude for the day
- Do some exercise, any exercise will help anxiety, negative thinking and depression
- Play a musical instrument
- Go and get someone to give you a foot massage or have a reflexology session
- Go and have a sauna and detox some rubbish out of your body
- Tell the monkey chatter in your head to go and connect yourself into your body
- Give daily gratitude, write a list of 3 to 10 things that you appreciate in your life right now
- Do some art therapy
- Think or remember about special happy and loving moments in your life
- Tune in and listen to your soul and your intuition and get into the place of where you know what is right
- Go and have a massage, even 20 minutes will feel good, an hour will be even better
Hope you like my list that came from 10 to 15 to 41 self-care tips. I look forward to list growing even more.
Enjoy, enjoying your own self-care.